|Enq: Mr P de Villiers||Tel: 012 312 5545/ 082 697 0982||E-Mail: DeVilliers.P@dhet.gov.za|
TECHNICAL, VOCATIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING (TVET) COLLEGE ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR 2020
National Certificate Vocational (NCV)
Report 191: General Studies (Business & Utility)
Report 191: Natural Science Studies
|PUBLIC & COLLEGE HOLIDAYS|
|1 Janunary 2020||New Year's Day|
|21 March 2020||Human Rights Day|
|10 April 2020||Good Friday|
|13 April 2020||Family Day|
|27 April 2020||Freedom Day
|1 May 2020||Workers Day|
|15 June 2020||College Holiday|
|16 June 2020||Youth Day|
|9 August 2020||Women's Day|
|10 August 2020||Public Holiday|
|24 September 2020||Heritage Day|
|25 September 2020||College Day|
|16 December 2020||Day of Reconcilliation|
|25 December 2020||Christmas Day|
|26 December 2020||Day of Goodwill|
1. This Calendar is applicable ONLY to the Lecturing Staff.
2. Lecturing Staff service days when no students are on campus MUST be utilised for lesson, planning, assessment, planning, subject & faculty meetings, lecture training, work intergraded learning & work-based experience & administrative work.
3. No deviation from this approved calendar is allowed without prior approval by the Director-General of the Department of Higher Education and Training.
4. Supplementary examinations should not impede teaching contact time
5. The internal examinations may be conducted either in the second or third term, for a maximum of fourteen (14) days.