VUSELELA TVET COLLEGE
INVITES SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE FULL TIME COLLEGE COUNCIL POST:
HOSTEL FATHER (PERMANENT)
REFERENCE NO: 1HF/08/2021 – Taung Campus
SALARY: R 211 089.00 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: PL1 (Permanent)
- Grade 12/ Matric certificate.
- REQV 13 with a teaching qualification, Diploma or other professional equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the student accommodation environment.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Must be prepared to stay full time in the hostel father residence on campus.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to motivate and/or work with students.
- Emotional resilience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Emergency First Aid of Health and Safety Certificate will be an advantage.
- Must be willing to handle pressure and work extended hours.
- Good general office administration – computer literacy in Ms Word, Filing, etc.
- Ability to supervise a team of general assistants.
- Ability to priorities and manage own work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with the Campus Manager, the Head of Administration and Facilities Manager and ensure that the student residence (hostel) is regularly cleaned, repaired and maintained in a condition compliant to health and safety standards.
- Conduct routine hostel risk assessment and submit reports to the Campus Manager.
- Initiate orders and be accountable for the consumables as need arises for the Hostel.
- Liaise with the College administrative staff in assisting hostel students to access NSFAS bursaries.
- Contribute to the effective management and functioning of the student residences.
- Enforce Student Code of Conduct and manage student discipline in the hostels.
- Establish close relationship and good communication with all parents.
- Participate fully in the life of the student hostel as a community and extended family.
- Assist the Campus in administering registration of students.
- Maintain a reliable record of hostel students.
- Liaise with kitchen staff on healthy meals, meal times etc.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
- Successful candidate will be subjected to vetting and security clearance.
- Applications must be submitted on Z83 form which must be completed properly and fully. The Z83 is obtainable from any Public Services Department and must be accompanied by copies of qualifications, driver’s license, identity document and a CV and such copies need not be certified when applying for the post.
- The requirements for certified documents will only be limited to shortlisted candidates who will be required to submit them on the day of the interview.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Correspondence will be entered into only with shortlisted candidates.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- The College reserves the right not to make appointments.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FORWARDED TO
Applications – quoting reference number, should be forwarded in a sealed envelope to:
The HR Manager OR Hand deliver to Mr K Sesechoaro
For Attention: Mr K Sesechoaro Corporate Centre
Vuselela TVET College 8 Bram Fischer Street
PO Box 10107 Klerksdorp
Friday, 3 September 2021 at 10:00
Mr K Sechoaro
Tel: 018 406 7800 (during office hours)