VUSELELA TVET COLLEGE
INVITES SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING VACANT POST:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: FINANCE MANAGER (PERMANENT)
Reference No: 1ASD F/09/2021
Salary: R376 596 – R443 601 p.a. (SL9)
- Matric certificate and appropriate three (3) years degree/diploma or equivalent qualification in financial management or accounting.
- At least five (5) years experience in the financial management and accounting environment, of which at least three (3) years should be at supervisory level.
- Proven computer literacy, including advanced Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook).
- Experience in the use of an appropriate financial system, e.g. ITS, Caseware/VIP (for reporting).
- A valid driver’s license will be an added advantage.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Proven management skills and a track record in the implementation and management of strategic, operational and financial plans.
- Proven experience in the compilation of financial statements on Caseware/VIP.
- Ability to design and implement internal systems and controls to ensure sound financial management.
- Extensive knowledge of the applicable, financial management, regulatory and legislative framework, the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Act No. 1 of 1999, as amended, Treasury Regulations, Financial Planning and Management accounting principles, Methodologies and procedures as well as Public sector financial management reporting requirements.
- Proven report-writing and presentation skills.
- Relating and comparing data on operational effectiveness from different sources.
- Establishing goals and requirements that reflect College objectives and values, including the importance of continuous improvement.
- Managing staff and resources consistent with college goals, proactively negotiating and accessing resources outside ones immediate domain when necessary and Knowledge of GRAP.
- Formulate and regularly review financial management policies.
- Formulate and regularly review financial management procedures.
- Manage the electronic financial system (ITS) to ensure security and optimal utilization.
- Monitor the effectiveness of financial operations through the assessment of key financial performance indicators.
- Facilitate and coordinate the annual budgeting process.
- Compile monthly budget reports and provide them to the senior management team, unit managers and campus managers.
- Perform monthly budgetary and expenditure analysis.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor College cash flows and effect budget adjustments.
- Annually review College fees.
- Authorize and monitor employee salaries, deductions and allowances.
- Monitor monthly bank reconciliations.
- Authorize supplier and creditors payments.
- Compile annual financial statements for each financial year and Caseware/VIP.
- Co-ordinate internal and external audit.
- Compile and submit all reports, returns, notices and other information as may be required by the Principal and College Management, College Council, Regional Office, Department of Higher Education and Training, auditors and the Minister.
- Formulate job profile for all posts within the Finance Unit.
- Conduct performance appraisals with unit staff, arrange and monitor individual development.
- Manage and monitor the asset management unit, including review of the monthly reconciliations and ensuring that the Fixed Asset Register is GRAP Compliant.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
- All shortlisted candidates may be expected to participate in an assessment of his/her experience in the above areas.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personal suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks (where applicable), qualifications and employment verification.
- Applications must be submitted on form Z83 obtainable from any public service department and must be accompanied by a recent CV, as well as valid certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license.
- All COVID-19 directives will be adhered to and no physical nor posted applications will be accepted.
Mrs LL Tladi – Tel: 018 406 7800/21 (during office hours)
Friday, 21 May 2021 at 16:00
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FORWARDED TO
NB: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SCANNED IN ONE PDF DOCUMENT.