Centre of Specialisation (COS) is a national program aimed at producing:
- A skilled and capable workforce to support inclusive economic growth
- Increased availability of intermediate-level technical skills
- Increased delivery of qualified artisans in 13 priority trades
Vuselela TVET College specialises in the BRICKLAYING TRADE which is offered at Jouberton Campus.
The Centres of Specialisation Programme is a Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) initiative designed to meet two objectives simultaneously:
Firstly to address the demand for priority trades needed for the implementation of government’s National Development Plan in general and it’s National Infrastructure Plan more particularly;
And secondly to contribute towards the building of the capacity of its public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College system to deliver trade qualifications with employer partners.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Dual system apprenticeship that combine:
- Technical education at a TVET College
- Lots of authentic work experience in a single integrated learning program
- Improved capacity of public TVET Colleges to train in skills in demand by industry
…with employers in the drivers’ seat!
WHO IS INVOLVED?
It’s a partnership between the National Department of Higher Education and Training and Business Associations.
3 year programme
Applications are done through employers