PRE-VOCATIONAL LEARNING PROGRAMME (PLP).
Did you not meet the entry requirements for N1 or NC(V) Level 2?
Find out more about Pre-Vocational Learning Programme (PLP).
What is the PLP?
One-year foundational course to prepare students for further study at a TVET.
Aimed at school leavers with Grade 9. 10. 11 who did not meet entry criteria for a specific course. Prepares the student to follow a specific vocational learning path, with improved chances of completion.
Why the PLP?
Poor preparation for academic study.
Students drop out or take years to finish resulting in poor pass rates at colleges. Cost per student too high, placing a further burden on limited funding.
Benefits for students
- Provides alternative access to course of choice upon successful completion of the PLP.
- Raise students’ academic confidence and learning morale for further learning.
- Affords the opportunity to develop academic skills.
- Promotes understanding of TVET courses in relation to the future career.
- Foundational English.
- Written comprehension and speaking with confidence.
- Foundational Mathematics.
- Address historical gaps to prepare for subjects that require pure mathematics.
- Basic chemistry and physics that apply to everyday life and prepare students for engineering studies.
- Foundational Life Skills.
- Skills to manage studies and integrate into college environment.
Minimum Grade 9 Certificate.